My Books available from Amazon

Monday, September 5, 2011

My New Book Cover

Ok, I am incredibly excited beyond anything I can think of to be able to put these words here. The second book in my series, Dark Dreams is finished! I can’t believe it! After only 6 weeks, I have been able to finish it. The reason I am so surprised, is the first book took over 2 years to get done. And when I say done, I don’t mean ready to publish, but done in the sense that the story has been completed, along with a tie in to the third book.
So now the work really begins. Time to tear into it, and edit, and rewrite until it is perfect, well perfect enough to send to an editor.
So in my short little rant about the book being completed (sort of) I wanted to share the cover for it.
I had anticipated working with the artist who did the first cover, but then I met this amazing artist on twitter this is her site: http://paragraphicdesigns.blogspot.com/ She is very gifted, and reasonable.
She has great covers as samples on her blog, not only showing you what she can do, but if you see something you like you can buy that book cover, unless someone like me has seen it and snatched it up!
I have really enjoyed working with her because she communicates, and lets me know how things are going, and what she is thinking about the cover as it is progressing through its process. And with doing the entire publishing process myself, it is nice to have one less thing to worry about.

So for the first time, I would like to share the cover for my next book, Dark Dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment